As featured in the June 2023 edition of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Law Institute Journal, Wellbeing Special Edition: Ethical Leadership, FCW Founder Andrew Douglas and Desi Vlahos, Assistant Director for judicial education at the Judicial College of Victoria, a Director of the Minds Count Foundation and a Commissioner on the International Bar Association Professional Wellbeing Commission penned a thought leadership piece, Wellbeing work: A manifesto for law firms of the future.
“Words like “culture”, “wellbeing” and more recently “ESG” (environmental, social, governance) are found on law firm websites and in other businesses throughout Australia. But is it all well-meaning language or is it rooted in principle and deliberate practice?”
In this article, Andrew and Desi discuss the rapidly changing legislative, judicial and international legal shift that will require these words to translate into real actions in every Australian workplace.
Key discussion points:
- The new regulations and code in Victoria on psychological hazards
- Understanding key concepts
- Is wellbeing part of your culture?
- Wellbeing and the future of your practice
- How do we know it works?
- What does good governance look like in a law firm?
- What should we expect from our leaders in law firms?