On 7 October 2021, the Victorian Acting Chief Health Officer issued the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions (Direction) in accordance with section 200(1)(d) of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) (PHW Act).
The Direction mandates that, from 15 October 2021, an employer of an authorised worker must not permit a worker who is unvaccinated from COVID-19 to attend the employer’s premises and perform work. An exception applies for the period of 15 October 2021 to 22 October 2021, during which a booking for the first dose of a COVID-19 is permitted, but all workers must be single-dose vaccinated by no later than 22 October 2021.
FCW Lawyers has created a template vaccination package to provide employers with everything needed to comply with the Direction and tools to mandate COVID-19 vaccinations for your business into the future.
- Memorandum of advice – summarising the FCW Lawyers advice regarding the government direction and implementing a policy.
- Lawful and reasonable direction letter – to be issued to employees regarding the requirement for employers and employees to comply with mandatory vaccination direction issued by Victorian Government.
- Suspension letter – to be issued to employees confirming suspension from employment after first dose deadline if the employer chooses to suspend rather than terminate.
- Risk assessment template
- Consultation letter – to be provided to the employees once a definite decision to implement a policy is introduced.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy – which creates a lawful and reasonable direction for employees to be vaccinated.
- Pre-employment form – to be provided to all job applicants as part of your recruitment process.
- Contractual clause amendment – to be included in employment contracts moving forward to make vaccination against COVID-19 an inherent requirement of the role.
- Government direction – A copy of the relevant direction in force as of the date of package distribution.
Cost: $4000 + GST