On 21 March and 22 March the Federal Government have announced several new measures (note: this list is not exhaustive):
Stage One Restrictions – the following facilities will be restricted from midday (12 pm local time) 23 March 2020
- Restaurants and cafes will become take away and/or home delivery only;
- Places of worship will have restrictions including funerals (1 person per 4 square metre);
- Registered and licenced clubs, licenced premises in hotels and clubs;
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues;
- Cinemas and other forms of indoor entertainment including sporting venues;
- Non-essential travel has been banned, restrictions of 14-day isolation continue.
After meeting with the Prime Minister, state and territory Premiers and Chief Ministers, Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews followed with the announcement of the above measures as stated by the Prime Minister. Premier Andrews earlier announcement of a shutdown to essential services will not proceed over the next 48 hours. Premier Andrews did give a stern warning that this was just step one and there will be other steps.
So it is a reprieve for Victoria but probably only for the next two weeks. We are now helping our clients plan, communicate and build systems to manage the sudden change. Call Andrew Douglas on 0488 151 503 if you need help or guidance around business shutdown, leave entitlements or a strategy to manage business continuity and documentation to safely take the urgent steps you need to take.